Services available for Children:
It is not uncommon for children to experience difficulties and challenges while growing up. However, as a parent or caregiver you want to watch out for these signs:
- Your child’s difficulties are persistent, continuing for more than a reasonable time.
- Your child seems overwhelmed by his/her challenges.
- Your child’s difficulties seem more intense for your child than other children of his/her age.
Common childhood struggles include:
- Peer pressure
- Dealing with divorce or separation
- Bullying Cross Cultural conflicts Identity
- Problems Feeling sad and lonely
- Difficulty focusing
- Academic problems
- Low Self-Esteem
- Difficulty following directions
- Being overweight
- Anger Management
- Relationship difficulties
- Conflicts with parents or peers
- Getting in trouble with the law
- Difficulty making friends
- Drug use
- Eating problems
- Sleeping difficulties
If your child’s difficulties don’t go away or they seem more intense than other children, they may need additional support and assistance. Remember, identifying symptoms early on can prevent more serious problems from developing in the future. If your child is currently facing some of these challenges, learning the necessary tools to overcome these obstacles – now and in the future – is vital. A good support network can assist your child in making positive choices and changes to get through the rough times in life. At Serenity Psychological Services we customize our treatment program to your child’s needs in helping your child deal with and overcome these struggles so they can have a more fulfilling life.